Sunday, September 19, 2010

TV Turnoff Week

My family loves to play games.
This week is TV Turnoff Week.  (Sept. 19-25)  My daughter and I are going to give it a try.  The idea behind this week is to spend more time with family.  I have discovered that if I leave the TV off I get everything accomplished faster so that I have more free time.
So, what to do instead of TV.  For one, don't replace it with other screen time such as the computer or video games.  Instead try playing a game, going outside (it is supposed to cool down!), cooking together, reading to your child, going to the library, or going to the park.  The possibilities are endless!
Today I saw a billboard on I-10 that was advertising fishing.  It pointed out that your children are not going to have any lasting or special memories of days spent watching TV.  So true!

No comments:

Post a Comment