Thursday, December 22, 2011

Top Things Dr. Krieg Says

I enjoy reading Seattle Mama Doc's blog and last week she posted the Top 5 thing she says. http://seattlemamadoc.seattlechildrens.org/5-things-i-say-in-clinic/   I loved the blog and often say a variation of these same things.  But I got to thinking, what are some of the things that I say all the time. So here's my list:

1.  "Let me wash my hands and then I will sit down and talk to you."  Handwashing (and using sanitizer) is how I keep healthy.  Of course I also don't want to give any germs from one patient to another either!

2. "I can't believe how old you are!"  and "It seems like yesterday you were a little baby!"  I absolutely love watching my patients grow up but I don't know how they can be getting older because I certainly am not!

3."That's a good question."  I love it when my patients and parents ask me questions.  It helps remind me what issues are important to them as well as making sure I have addresssed all their concerns.

4. "Remind me..."  I'm getting old and thus forgetful. I find that I tell patients that I will get them something like a dentist's number or a note and then promptly forget.  Never fear I do remember, it is just 5 patients later or in the middle of the night!  So, don't be shy about reminding me!

5. "Keep up the good work!"  This is my favorite saying because I absolutely love it when my parents are offering healthy foods, encouraging their kids to exercise, taking them to the dentist, etc.  It makes my patients healthier and makes my job easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment